Adventist Education Has an Impressive Story
Founded in 1964, South Bay Christian School was founded by the Seventh-day Adventist community to be a private Christian school accepting students from all denominations. Students in U.S. Seventh-day Adventist schools achieve at half a grade higher than the national average, and beyond their own predicted ability, as shown by CognitiveGenius, in a recent study.
Children in Adventist schools make better moral decisions, as shown by ValueGenius, an earlier study.
Worldwide there are 6,700+ Adventist schools, 65,000+ teachers, and over 1.2 million students. Adventist education is the second largest denominational educational system in the world.
15 good reasons why parents send their children to private Christian schools:
- Better learning environment and level of instruction
- Students have a higher percentage at scoring at or above grade proficiency
- Smaller class sizes – better student-teacher ratio
- More individual attention
- Focus is on character development along with academic rigor
- Anti-bully policy
- Christian emphasis and education
- Curriculum aligns with Christian values
- Includes prayer and worship at school
- Safe and emotional and spiritual environment
- Encourages development of the whole child
- Promote positive peer pressure
- Supports the family
- Maintains positive correction when discipline is needed
South Bay Christian School is located in the heart of the South Bay. It is a Seventh-day Adventist Christian school which sits on 3.9 acres in West Torrance and has served the South Bay community since 1964 with caring and qualified teachers and staff.
South Bay Christian School puts the edge in education offering a full academic program to students from Kindergarten through the 8th grade. As part of the world wide Adventist school system, it is fully accredited by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists Schools and WASC, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.